Saturday 4 August 2012

Life.

"I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, Princess, now when did 
you last let your heart decide?"
-A Whole New World







BTM S2



Big noze in da houze 

And, the photos for my laptop's background are as follows ^-^ :


Ruo Shan, me, Jia Xuan, Lydia


Gambled a little and taught Lydia how to cycle that day! ;-) (Last Year's)


RS, Nicole, me and Wen Shan! (Remember? You girls came to my house and recorded ourselves singing that day!)


Jia Yi, me and Shannon. (Supposed to be studying that day but we ended up calling people :-P)


Me, Bing Chen and Shannon. (Just another CCA day) :-)


Xinyue, me, Hui Ting, Si Qi
Carrot, banana, potato, egg
#307FoodAvengers


My sister. (Spent loads of money on that day!) *heart pain* :'(


Xinzi and I. (CO today!) 


One big big family S2 (CO handover ceremony on 19th of May 2012) 


At Marine Parade's playground outside the Mac Donalds with WS and Lydia. (Last year's) :-)



At Marina barrage with RS and WS for ICT project! (Last year's)


With Queenie at XZ's birthday chalet. (On 19th of June 2012)


Walking around the school, taking pictures for Art with XY. :*








CCA this morning, was NOT LATE. :-P Bought KOI on the way home with XZ. Procrastinated a lot in the afternoon but at least I'd got some work done! Tuition was cancelled because Mr Ng had family dinner. I had dinner with my Grandma and her friend (let's name her XX). XX's really a naggy person.

Throughout the whole dinner, she had been telling me what not to do, and what to do. I was quite annoyed at first but the thought of my mother just calmed me down. I shouldn't talk back, and, I didn't. Whatever she said was right anyway. XX was in her sixties, or maybe seventies, I didn't know. But what I know was, she was definitely more experienced in life than I was. Her annoying-but-full-of-principles-of-life nags made me think of other things - appreciating, giving, listening, learning and understanding. I wouldn't be so rude to shout at her and say "STFU" because I really dislike rude people (therefore, I must not be one), plus the fact that what she said was true. I needed to listen although I'd already heard much of such things (almost all the elderlies say the same thing over and over again, don't they?) I guess when people age, they tend to care more, and thus, they nag more.

Study reveals that older people have more empathy. Well, I think that's kind of true. You can click on the link to read more about it (it isn't that much). But just in case you're lazy, it says that the older generations have more sensitivity and empathy than younger adults. They are also better at seeing the positive sides of stressful situations and that humans develop an enhanced caring side near the end of their lives. 

I guess I'm not the only kid who has ever been nagged by somebody, right? Nobody should ever talk back to their elderlies. We have to realize and know that they nag because they care. And if we listen carefully to everything that they have to say to us, we will know more about life. We will think more. We will appreciate more. We will understand more. We will care more. We will respect more. And we will learn more. Isn't life all about thinking, appreciating, understanding, caring, respecting and learning? 

My mother nags at me too. She is part of the reason why I managed to keep calm and listen. However, sometimes, she nags at me at the wrong times (as in when I'm in a bad mood). Then, I would not be able to control my emotions. I would talk back. And after I did what I had done, I would reflect and hate myself for talking back. But everything would be fine the next day. I love my mama. :-) 

And another thing that I wanna talk about is... why do people come and go just so easily?... It's like when they need you, they come to you, and when they have other people, they leave you. WHAT IS THIS? Seriously? But I should just stop expecting so much. As quoted from Nicholas Spark, 

"People come, people go - they'll drift in and out of your life, almost like characters in a favorite book. When you finally close the cover, the characters have told their story and you start up again with another book, complete with new characters and adventures. Then you find yourself focusing on the new ones, not the ones from the past."

But isn't it ridiculous? Why can't people just come and stay? Really, I would love it if people came into my life and make a point to stay, just like XY. She really puts in a lot of effort for me. I know that there are a lot of times when I kind of threw tempers, but almost every time she had given in to me. "Dear XY, I'm so sorry for all the tempers I had thrown because of my immaturity. I know that you didn't take them to heart but still, I feel so bad! Thanks for being my unbiological sister. :')"

I've been typing this post since I'd eaten my dinner... I really spent a lot of time on my blog! :-( 
And it's been long since I'd last missed someone... Hmmmmm, to that someone: "STOP MAKING ME MISS YOU." Hahahahah, okay okay, joking! Hopefully I would get over this feeling soon. 

Alright, so sorry for such a long post, people! I shall stop now, bye! ;-)